Tuesday, October 23, 2007

My friend's Sweet 16

On Friday, October 19th, my friend had her Sweet 16 and I was invited to the special occasion. It was held at the Bridgewater Yacht Club in Island Park, Long Island. It felt like a little reunion for me, seeing lots of people I went to high school with. It was not one of your Sweet 16's from MTV's Super Sweet 16, it was more of a traditional one. The theme was Greek, because she is Greek, so the colors were blue and white representing the flag.

There was a dance floor with a D.J. Her mother looked beautiful. They gave us mardi-gras beads, sequined hats, and sunglasses. It was finally time for miss Sweet 16 to come down the stairs. She looked absolutely gorgeous. She had a big white ball gown on. After dancing a lot, she decided to slip into a more comfortable blue dress.

Soon, it was time to eat. Of course they had Greek food, but I'm Italian, so you know I was looking for the pasta. Thank God, they had baked ziti (my favorite) and calamari. I felt like I was sitting in V.I.P. since miss Sweet 16 herself was sitting at the table with me and my boyfriend and his sisters. The souvenirs were glass coasters that said "LOVE" . I had a great time, it was good to see old friends.

No comments: