Monday, October 22, 2007

I'm feeling Wicked!

Last week I went to see the play Wicked. Now let me tell you that play was phenomenal! I always wanted to see it and now I finally have and was very ecstatic with the story and all. The actors were great, the make-up was perfect, and the singing was awesome. Even those who do not like plays, were all happy with the performance.

Wicked is a play with a little background information on the witches in the Wizard of Oz, before Dorothy comes along. The Wicked Witches were not evil after all, they were just portrayed as so. Rather, they just had drama in their lives and the problem of acceptance. They were outcasts and were never out to hurt anyone, someone just spread a rumor that they were "Wicked". If anything the Wicked Witch of the West was the honest one in the play.

The performance was the greatest I've ever seen. The story made so much sense, everything tied in really well. I loved how every scene had a dramatic turn of events that put the whole audience in shock. Everything you suspect about the play is probably everything the play is not. I don't wan to say anymore and ruin it.

I absolutely loved this play! I would see it again and again. You have to see this yourself!!

No comments: