Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Happy Turkey Day!

Thanksgiving is a time to spend with family and to give thanks for the things in your life. I did not get to spend it with my family, because they moved to Georgia, and we have no money to travel. I did get to spend it with my boyfriend's family, which is practically my family. I did have lots of things to be thankful for this year. I am thankful that I was able to go to college and I am also thankful that I found the best boyfriend in the world!

So, I went to Long Island, a short travel from the city. Thanksgiving started with the smell of stuffing early in the morning. Dinner was ready by the start of afternoon. There was plenty of turkey, stuffing from inside the bird and out, mashed potatoes, green beans, corn, and carrots. It smelt so good, I could not wait to eat!

My boyfriend and I had a mini and I had a mini candle light dinner. Now, it is traditional to have red wine served with dinner in an Italian family. So we had wine with our Thanksgiving dinner. It was hilarious watching my boyfriend trying to pop the cork off the bottle of wine. It was a wonderful dinner and Thanksgiving!

No comments: